“Your Data” means any information about you from which you may be personally identified including your name, address, email address, telephone number, profession, credit card details and any other information from which you can be identified and which you may disclose to us through use of the Service on the website.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
We collect Your Data from you when you:
- choose to provide Your Data for the purposes of using the Service (including information provided at the time of registering to use the Service and posting material);
- place an order for advertising material created using the Service;
- make a complaint or enquiry or provide other feedback to us; or
- otherwise disclose Your Data to us through the Service or otherwise at any time.
HOW DO WE USE YOU DATA
We use Your Data to:
- provide the Service;
- process and complete orders including the administration of payments which you place via the website for advertising material created using the Service;
- confirm and investigate any transactions or transfers of monies that may occur in respect of any order you make;
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by you;
- monitor, develop, run, provide and improve the Service;
- ensure the Service is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- notify you about changes to the Service;
- (in accordance with your marketing preferences if you are not an existing customer) send you information by email about the Service or similar products or services offered by us;
- (where you are an existing customer), send you information by email about the Service or similar products or services offered by us;
- (in accordance with your marketing preferences), pass Your Data to third parties for marketing purposes as set out in section 4 below.
- You can change your mind and choose to receive or not to receive communications pursuant to paragraphs 3.1.9 and 3.1.10 at any time by using the relevant unsubscribe link which we include in each email.
- We will not keep Your Data for any longer than is necessary for the purposes set out in paragraph 3.1.
WILL WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We will never sell or pass on Your Data to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
We only pass on Your Data to third parties as follows:
- we may pass Your Data to our employees, agents, subcontractors, partner organisations and the Publisher (including any and all members of the Publisher’s group and its subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006) to help administer the Service, take payments and provide relevant information to you;
- Your Data may be transferred to a successor company or other organisation in the event of a sale or insolvency administration (but you will be notified and offered the chance to unsubscribe if this occurs);
- in some cases we may use a technical partner to conduct some processing of Your Data on our behalf, but this is always subject to strict contractual control and in compliance with UK data protection legislation;
- only if you have given your consent for such purpose, we may pass Your Data to third parties so that they can send you information about similar services and information which may be of interest to you; and
In addition, some general statistical information about our user base may be passed on to reputable third parties for research purposes but these details will never include information personally identifying you.
You can change your mind about the passing of Your Data to third parties at any time by updating your marketing preferences – our contact details are set out below in paragraph 7.3.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We will take all reasonable steps to protect Your Data. All the data collected by us is stored on a secure server. Your browser will encrypt all sensitive information (including payment details) which you input before it is sent to us. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Your Data, we cannot guarantee the security of Your Data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received Your Data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Please be aware that the Service may link to other websites which may be accessed by you. We are not responsible for the privacy policies, content or security of those linked websites.
We will not transfer Your Data outside of the European Economic Area other than where we have adequate protections in place to protect and continue to control Your Data as are required by data protection laws.
We do not store any credit card numbers entered into our website or payment systems.
YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW TO CONTACT US
You have the right to request a copy of Your Data. We may make a small charge for this.
You have the right to ask us not to use Your Data for marketing purposes.
More information about data protection and your rights of privacy can be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.gov.uk.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
We are Localstars Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 06646283. Our registered address is 4th Floor, 35-39 Old Street, London EC1V 9HX, United Kingdom.
We are registered as a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. Our registration number on the register of data controllers maintained by the Information Commissioner is Z2195378.